True Lemon is an essential ingredient in these tangy and tropical-tasting cookies.
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup confectioners sugar, sifted
2 1/2 cups flour, sifted
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla and/or almond extract
1/2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
2 packets True Lemon
1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400-425 degrees F.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all ingredients, except for 1 packet of True Lemon, and the 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Shape into long log, about 1.5 to 2 in diameter.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, chill until firm (about 1 hour).
- Slice into thin cookies (about 1/4 to 1/8 inch thick).
- Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, or longer if you like them extra crispy!
- Meanwhile, combine reserved packet of True Lemon with 1 tablespoon of sugar. Sprinkle over the cookies immediately after removing them from the oven.
- Let cookies cool, then serve!
A great variation is to add 2 tablespoons of cocoa to the dough, and substitute True Orange for the True Lemon. Submitted by Carolyn.