Carrots take center stage with this special curry seasoning!
1 teaspoon butter
1 tablespoon minced ginger, or 1 teaspoon dried
3/4 teaspoon curry powder
1 packet of True Lemon
1/4 cup chicken or vegetable broth
1 pound carrots, peeled, slice in half-inch diagonals
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Melt the butter on medium high in a skillet large enough to hold the carrots in a single layer.
- Add the garlic, ginger, True Lemon, and curry.
- Cook for about 30 seconds.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the carrots and turn over to coat with the mixture.
- Reduce the heat to medium.
- Cover and let simmer until cooked 10-15 minutes and the liquid cooked away.
- Season to taste. Stir in the cilantro. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional Information (per serving): 62 Cal (18% from Fat, 9% from Protein 74% from Carb); 1g Tot Fat; 12g Carb; 4g Fiber; Net Carb 8; 45mg calcium 1 mg Iron; 116 mg Sodium; 3mg Choleserol; Weight Watchers 1 point
From Kitchen Parade.