An easy sandwich that’s fantastic for lunch or dinner.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened and divided
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon dill weed, divided
1 baguette, cut into 4 portions and sliced lengthwise
4 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
3 packets True Lemon
4 handfuls fresh arugula (or other lettuce)
8 slices tomato
Sliced yellow or green pepper (optional)
Whole grain mustard
- Lightly pound chicken to flatten evenly; set aside.
- In a skillet, melt 3 tablespoons butter; add garlic and 1/4 teaspoon dill.
- Add chicken and cook until juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- Spread both sides of bread with remaining butter.
- Optional step: In a skillet or griddle, grill bread on both sides until golden brown.
- In a small bowl; combine cream cheese, True Lemon, and remaining dill. Spread on one side of the bread.
- Place arugula, chicken, mustard, and tomato on four slices of bread; top with remaining bread.