Cool lemon custard covers crunchy cookies. No baking, just chill and serve!
1 box vanilla wafers
1 small package lemon Jello
32 True Lemon packets (approximately 1 cup)
1 13 oz can of evaporated milk, chilled until very cold
1/2 cup sugar
Sliced bananas or strawberries, as garnish
- Line the bottom of a 13 x 9 pan with vanilla wafers, set aside.
- In medium bowl, mix 1 small package lemon Jello with 1 cup of boiling water. Stir to dissolve Jello.
- Add 1 cup cold water and the True Lemon packets, mix well.
- In small bowl, whip on high the can of evaporated milk until fluffy, slowly add 1/2 cup sugar. Continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Mix with Jello mixture, pour into cookie lined pad, chill to set. Before serving, add additional wafers around the edges and garnish with sliced fruit, if desired. Serve cold.