An ideal summertime meal or side dish. If you can’t find orzo pasta, use whatever type of pasta you have on hand.
2 cups orzo pasta, cooked, drained & cooled
1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
1/2 English cucumber, sliced & quartered
1 medium green bell pepper, diced
1 small red onion, diced
1/2 lb Kalamata or black olives, pitted & quartered
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
4 packets True Lemon + 2 tablespoons water
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon fresh dill weed, chopped
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Prepare pasta and set aside to cool.
- Place tomatoes, cucumber, green pepper, onion, and olives in a large bowl.
- Make dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar, True Lemon water, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper.
- Add orzo to the bowl of vegetables.
- Drizzle with dressing and stir to coat.
- Top with crumbled feta and serve immediately.
Recipe submitted by Catherine Marquis of Chicago, IL.