With robust Gorgonzola and tangy True Lemon, this easy-cheesy sandwich is perfect on the grill for your next outdoor party! Recipe adapted from Cooking With Caitlin.
1 loaf freshly baked bread, sliced (sourdough, whole wheat, or pumpernickel)*
1/4-1/2 lb Gorgonzola cheese
True Lemon packets or True Lemon shaker
Fresh basil leaves
*If making gluten-free, try using sliced polenta or large portobello mushroom caps.
- Arrange bread slices on a large cutting board, and pre-heat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Spread butter evenly across the bread slices, then sprinkle with True Lemon.
- Place bread slices on a large cookie sheet, and top with Gorgonzola cheese.
- Bake in the oven until cheese begins to bubble – about 5-10 minutes. Keep a close eye on them while cooking.
- Remove from oven and top with fresh basil leaves. Serve open-faced.
For another variation, include fresh sliced tomatoes or roasted red peppers.