A colorful side dish that’s sure to brighten up any dinner table! Use whatever vegetables are in season for this simple and nutritious dish.
Fresh vegetables, trimmed and sliced into 1-inch pieces. Try these any of these combinations (depending on the season):
– Green beans, yellow summer squash, and cherry tomatoes.
– Cauliflower, carrots, broccoli, and fingerling potatoes.
– Brussels sprouts, butternut squash, and kale.
– Snap peas, bok choy, and mushrooms.
2 tablespoons of water
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons True Lemon Pepper Spice Blend
Fresh herbs, finely chopped
- In a large pan, combine water and butter. Warm over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetables and cook for about 5-10 minutes, until just tender and water is almost (or completely) gone.
- Add True Lemon Pepper and fresh herbs, mix together to combine, and serve!
Fresh herbs are a wonderful way to add nutrition and flavor to any meal. Here are some herb suggestions to combine with whatever seasonal vegetables you’ve chosen to use:
Spring: parsley (flat leaf or curly), chives
Summer: dill, sage, thyme
Fall: oregano, rosemary, watercress
Winter: garlic, ginger