For the zucchini patties:
2 cups zucchini, grated
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (or 1 egg)
1/4 cup carrots, grated
1/4 cup celery, grated
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup bread crumbs, plain (unless you prefer flavored)
1/2 cup reduced fat parmesan cheese
1/2 cup fat free mozzarella cheese, grated
1 tsp True Lemon Pepper Spice Blend
1/2 tsp True Lime Garlic & Cilantro Spice Blend
For the dipping sauce:
1 cup non-fat plain yogurt
4 tbsp sweet honey mustard
2 packs pure Via Stevia sweetener
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp True Orange Ginger Spice Blend
- For the sauce, mix all ingredients together and keep cool until ready for use.
- In a large bowl, put grated Zucchini, carrots, and celery. Take about 4 paper towels and press onto the vegetables to soak up as much moisture as you can.
- Add Egg Beaters, flour, bread crumbs, cheeses and spice blends. Mix well to distribute ingredients evenly.
- Heat non-stick skillet on medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray. You can also fry them in any oil of your choosing.
- Drop the mixture by heaping spoonfuls into the pan and gently press with the spoon to flatten them a little. Also use your spoon to form them into round patties. Cook until golden brown on each side, remove from pan and put on paper towels to soak any leftover grease.
- Let cool and eat with your dip. Enjoy! (Yields 10-12 patties)
Recipe submitted by Deborah S.