Rich and tender on the inside, and crisp on the outside. Just the way waffles should be! Recipe submitted By Alene Zangli.
For the waffles:
2 cups pancake mix (gluten-free mix, if desired)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup whole milk ricotta cheese
1 large egg, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons vegetable, or coconut oil
2 packets True Lemon
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
Butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
For the lemon-blueberry sauce:
1 cup fresh blueberries (can use frozen, but thaw first)
1/2 cup sugar
2-4 packets True Lemon
- For the waffles: whisk milk, ricotta, and egg until smooth, then add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Heat waffle maker, and spray each side with butter non-stick spray.
- Pour batter into the center of the waffle maker, careful not to overfill. Close lid and press for about 5-mins until steaming subsides, or light switches off. Carefully remove the waffle, then continue until batter is all used. Keep oven warm on low in the oven.
- For the sauce: combine blueberries and sugar in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the sugar melts, and blueberries begin to break down (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add 2 packets of True Lemon, adding additional packets if desired.
- Remove from heat, and serve on top of the waffles.