A dish that has it all: lean protein, carbs, green veggies – and it’s great looking too! True Lemon fuses all the flavors together. Recipe adapted from Giada De Laurentiis (Food Network).
1/2 lb spaghetti (use whole wheat pasta, if desired)
1 clove garlic, minced
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt & pepper
4 (4-ounce) pieces of salmon, sliced into chunks
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
4 packets of True Lemon dissolved in 2 tablespoons water
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
1 cup half & half
1 tablespoon corn starch
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta, rinse with cold water, and transfer to a large bowl. Add the garlic, 2 tablespoons of the extra-virgin olive oil, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, warm the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Add the fish to the pan and cook about 2 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fish.
- Remove salmon from the pan. In the same pan over medium heat, whisk together the corn starch and half & half to form a rue. Add spinach and basil and mix until wilted (about 2-4 minutes).
- Meanwhile, add True Lemon juice to the spaghetti mixture and toss to combine.
- When spinach is wilted into the sauce, plate the pasta into 4 shallow bowls. Top with the spinach and basil sauce, and salmon pieces, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.