This easy cheesy pasta sauce has a delectable flavor that’s brightened with True Lemon. Add Italian sausage, spinach, and sauteed mushrooms to make it a full meal!
1 package (7 ounces) linguine
2 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1 1/2 cups milk
6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
3 packets True Lemon
Fresh basil, as garnish (optional)
- Cook linguine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over low heat, melt butter.
- Gradually whisk in flour, salt, and pepper until smooth. Then gradually whisk in milk.
- Bring to a boil and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Combine cheeses and toss with True Lemon.
- Add to the sauce and stir until the cheese begins to melt.
- Drain linguine, then add the cheese sauce. Toss to coat.
- Garnish with fresh basil and serve!
From Taste of Home’s Quick Cooking magazine.