These lemony wafers are perfect when served with hot tea or a bowl of ice cream.
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
1/4 tablespoon ground cloves
1/4 pure vanilla extract
4 packets True Lemon
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour, if desired)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In medium bowl, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs, cloves, vanilla, True Lemon, kosher salt, and flour. Chill for 30 minutes.
- Spray cookie sheet with non-stick baking spray.
- Place teaspoonfuls of batter (about 2-inches apart) onto cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
- After allowing to cool on cookie sheet for one minute, use thin metal spatula to carefully transfer cookies to wire cooling racks.
Reminder: Re-spray cookie sheet in between baking each batch of cookies.