Marinate, then broil or grill zucchini for a bright but smoky flavor. Be sure to plan ahead for marinating time. A delicious way to enjoy this summer squash!
3 or 4 zucchini squash
6 packets True Lemon dissolved in 3 tablespoons of water
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon parsley flakes, dried
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, chopped
- Wash the zucchini well.
- Thinly slice the zucchini (slices should be 2 millimeters thick).
- Prepare a marinade with salt, black pepper, garlic, parsley, olive oil, and True Lemon water.
- Put a layer of zucchini slices in a bowl and pour a small portion of the marinade on the top. Do the same for all of the layers of zucchini slices.
- Keep the bowl in a cool place and let it rest for 6 to 8 hours occasionally pouring some of the marinade over the zucchini.
- Grill the zucchini for a couple of minutes until they become tender. You can also use the oven broiler instead!
- Keep the marinade and use it as a dressing for the grilled zucchini.