True Lemon provides the citrus zing in this hearty muffin recipe.
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup all-purpose flour (gluten-free flour, if desired)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 1/4 cups vanilla yogurt
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup fresh blueberries
1/2 teaspoon from True Lemon shaker, more if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (350 degrees for convection oven).
- Lightly grease or line one mini-muffin tin, or two regular-sized muffin tins.
- In a medium bowl whisk together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together eggs, yogurt, True Lemon, and oil.
- Add yogurt mixture to the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined.
- Stir in the blueberries.
- Divide batter among the muffin tins, and bake the muffins in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Let the muffins cool in the tins on a rack for 3 minutes, turn them out onto a rack and let them cool completely.