These scrumptious shrimp shots are full of buttery citrus flavor. A perfect and unique party appetizer! Recipe submitted by Jenn R.
20-40 clear shot glasses (depending on how many, and how large the shrimp are)
1 – 1 1/2 lbs of shrimp, cut down so that each piece will fit into a shot glass (2 halves large, or 2 small in each glass) – we recommend you use pre-cooked shrimp
4 slices of thick bacon, cut into small pieces
1 white onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4 cup white wine (preferably something sweet like a riesling or moscato)
3 tablespoons sugar
3 tablespoons honey
4 teaspoons True Lemon (from shaker), and 4 teaspoons True Lime dissolved in 1/4 cup water
6 green onions, finely chopped
1/2 cup mayonnaise
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Microgreens, as garnish
- In a medium skillet, saute the white onion, garlic, and bacon until bacon is crispy and onions are translucent and soft. Add a little salt and pepper to taste. Remove mixture from heat and set aside in a small dish, making sure to leave a little bit of the oil in the pan.
- Using the same skillet with the oil, place over medium-high heat. Add the wine, True Lemon and True Lime water, and the sugar. Simmer until mixture starts to reduce a little.
- Add the honey, stir, and bring back to a simmer again. Let the water boil off a bit (about 5-10 minutes), then remove from heat.
- Once everything is cool, combine bacon mixture, citrus /wine mixture, green onions, and 1/2 cup mayonnaise in a medium bowl. Gently mix together with a spatula.
- To assemble, put a shrimp (or a half a large shrimp) in the bottom of each shot glass. Dollop the mayonnaise mixture on top, then add another shrimp.
- Drizzle each shot with a little melted butter, and garnish with fresh microgreens.