A smooth pie with a zest of True Lime! You’ll love the sweet and crunchy topping. Recipe submitted by Howard Tiller.
8 packets True Lime
8 egg yolks
2 egg whites
2/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup half and half
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup finely chopped Heath toffee bits for topping
1 10-inch graham cracker pie crust (store bought)
Chocolate sauce for drizzling, if desired
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Brush pie crust with egg white and bake for 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven heat to 300 degrees F. Remove pie crust and let cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and whites until smooth (about 30 seconds). Slowly add sugar and continue to whisk. Once the sugar is added, continue to whisk until the eggs are a pale yellow (about 1 minute).
- Add True Lime, salt, heavy cream, half and half, and vanilla. Whisk until completely blended.
- Strain into cooled graham cracker crust. Bake approximately 45 minutes or until pie does not jiggle in center when bumped.
- Remove from oven and top with finely chopped toffee bits. Put back in oven and broil until the toffee melts (keep a close eye on it, as it could easily burn). Light browning of the pie surface is to be expected and is desirable.
- Once cool, drizzle with chocolate sauce before serving, if desired.
This pie can be made ahead of time and refrigerated overnight.