A delicious Mexican green salsa made with roasted tomatillos, and of course True Lime! Recipe by Diane Henderiks, RD (Dietitian in the Kitchen).
20 tomatillos (about 3lbs), husks removed, and rinsed
4 green onions
2 poblano chiles, roasted and skins removed
1 bunch cilantro
4 or 5 garlic cloves
1 tbsp olive oil
6 packets of True Lime
Salt to taste
- Preheat grill for medium heat
- Place whole tomatillos on the grill to char skin; about 5 minutes, turning frequently
- Remove from grill, core, and coarsely chop. Set aside.
- Place green onions on grill for about 1 minute, turning once. Set aside to cool.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor and pulse. Add tomatillos and green onions, and pulse to desired consistency.
- Season to taste with salt, and enjoy!