A quick prep for delicious fish skewers! Made with True Orange and spicy chipotle seasonings. Recipe submitted by Lisa Marshall.
2 (4-6 ounce) Tilapia fillets
1 yellow pepper, sliced into small squares
1 green pepper, sliced into small squares
3-4 green onions, sliced into bite-sized pieces
10 cherry tomatoes, halved (optional)
2 packets True Orange
2 teaspoons chipotle chili powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
Fresh chopped cilantro, as garnish
- Cut tilapia into 1 1/2 inch chunks. Thread onto bamboo skewers which have been soaked in water. Thinner sections of the fish may be folded or rolled to achieve uniform thickness. Alternate fish with other vegetables on the skewer, and place completed skewers in a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the True Orange, chipotle, onion, and garlic powders.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mixture over the skewers, then cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 30-minutes for up to 1-hour.
- Broil the skewers in the oven for about 3-minutes each side, until fish begins to flake.
- Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro when serving.