The perfect side dish at your Thanksgiving feast! Serves about 14 guests. This is also great as a dessert to serve on top of vanilla ice cream.
1 can (20oz) crushed pineapple (not drained)
1 pkg (4oz servings each) Jell-O Raspberry Flavor Gelatin
1 can (16oz) whole berry cranberry sauce
1 medium apple chopped
2/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
3 packets True Orange
- Drain pineapple reserving all of the liquid into a 1 quart liquid measuring cup.
- Add enough cold water to the reserved liquid to measure 3 cups then pour into large saucepan. Bring to boil then remove from heat.
- Add gelatin, and stir at least 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce and stir until well blended. Due to the presence of whole berries in the cranberry sauce, the gelatin mixture will not be smooth.
- Stir in all packets of True Orange.
- Pour into large bowl. Refrigerate 1-1/2 hours or until slightly thickened (consistency of unbeaten egg whites).
- Stir in remaining pineapple, apple, and walnuts (if using). Pour into medium serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm. Mix again before serving.