Hearty and filled with fiber, these easy-to-make and yummy muffins will hold you over until your next meal.
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2-1/2 tablespoons True Orange Ginger Spice Blend (use less for a lighter taste)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1-1/2 cups whole brand cereal (such as All-Bran, not bran flakes)
1 cup shredded carrots
1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup dark seedless raisins
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease 12 muffin pan.
- In medium bowl, with fork, beat milk, oil, egg, cereal and carrots until blended. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and True Orange Ginger.
- Add cereal mixture to flour mixture.
- Stir just until flour is moistened. (Batter will be lumpy).
- Gently stir in raisins.
- Using ice cream scoop or large spoon, spoon batter into greased muffin-pan cups.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until muffins begin to brown and toothpick or fork inserted in center of muffin comes out clean.
Makes 12 muffins.
Nutrition Information (for one muffin)
Calories: about 198
Protein: 4 grams
Carbohydrates: 33 grams
Total fat: 7 grams