Slather this thick, creamy, orange-ginger chocolate filling between layers of your favorite chocolate, vanilla, or white cake. Not ready for layers just yet? Spread it on top as a yummy frosting!
1 cup heavy or whipping cream
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon True Orange Ginger Spice Blend (add more for stronger flavor, if desired)
2 teaspoons butter or margarine
10 squares (10 ounces) of good semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 to 2 tablespoons brandy or orange-flavored liqueur (optional)
- In 2-quart saucepan, combine cream, sugar, and butter.
- Heat to boiling over medium-high heat.
- Remove saucepan from heat.
- Add chocolate and True Orange Ginger to cream mixture and with a wire whisk, mix until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and brandy/orange liqueur (if using).
- Pour into jelly-roll pan and refrigerate until spreadable (at least 30 minutes).
Makes approximately 2 cups.