A sophisticated take on old-fashioned icebox cookies. This dough is great to keep on hand in the freezer so that you can bake fresh cookies whenever you want!
1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free baking flour, if desired)
2 tablespoons True Orange Ginger spice blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup butter or margarine (1 stick), softened
1/2 cup sugar or honey
1 large egg yolk
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In large bowl, with mixer at medium speed, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in yolk and True Orange Ginger until combined.
- Reduce speed to low, beat in flour mixture just until blended. Divide dough into half.
- On waxed paper, form piece of dough into 12-inch log. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Wrap each log and refrigerate overnight, or freeze until firm (at least 2 hours).
- When ready to bake, remove from refrigerator or freezer and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease two cookie sheets or line with parchment paper. Cut logs crosswise into 1/2 inch thick slices, and place 1-inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, rotating cookie sheets between upper and lower oven racks halfway through baking.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely, then repeat with remaining dough.
This recipe makes approximately 96 cookies. Freeze any additional dough for future batches.