Tender flaky salmon gets dressed up in a sweet miso marinade made with the natural sweetness of Agave nectar.
1/2 cup light (shiro) miso
5 tablespoons sake
5 tablespoons mirin
1 tablespoon True Orange Ginger spice blend
1 tablespoon light agave nectar
1/4 cup canola or vegetable oil
4 skinless, boneless salmon fillets
Toasted sesame seeds, as garnish
- Whisk the miso, sake, mirin, True Orange Ginger, agave nectar, and oil together in a large, non-reactive dish or bowl.
- Add the salmon and coat with the marinade. Cover and refrigerate at least a few hours, ideally overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees, then turn on the broiler. Place one oven rack under the broiler and another rack in the center of the oven.
- Wipe any excess marinade off the salmon fillets and place them in a baking dish. Place the dish on the top rack under the broiler and cook until the top of the fish is nicely browned, 3-4 minutes. Move the dish to the center rack and bake until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness, about 8-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve warm.