Change an ordinary pound cake into something extraordinary by adding a fantastic combination of orange and ginger. Perfect with a cup of tea on a cold winter day, or with fresh berries for a summer dessert!
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons True Orange Ginger Spice Blend
7 large eggs, room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup heavy cream
3 cups all-purpose flour or cake flour (not self-rising cake flour)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, then grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat butter and sugar just until blended.
- Increase speed to high, beat until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes), frequently scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
- Reduce speed to medium, then add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, True Orange Ginger, and salt. Increase speed to high, beat 3 minutes while scraping bowl.
- With wire whisk, stir in flour and heavy cream just until smooth, then spoon batter into prepared pan. Spread evenly.
- Bake for about 60 to 70 minutes, until toothpick or fork inserted into center of cake comes out clean. Cool in the pan on wire rack for about 10 minutes.
- Run tip of thin knife around edge of cake to loosen. Invert on wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.