A zesty stir-fry to serve with rice and veggies. Recipe serves 4.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs) cut into 1-inch cubes
2 tablespoons dry sherry
1/2 tablespoons cornstarch (corn flour)
12 packets True Orange dissolved in 1/3 cup of water
2 tablespoons soy sauce (or Tamari if making gluten-free)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon chile paste
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 slice ginger, minced
A combination of sliced vegetables (such as bell peppers, onions, and/or broccoli)
Oil for stir-frying
- Place the cubed chicken in a bowl and add the marinade ingredients.
- Marinate the chicken for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the sauce ingredients and the garlic and ginger.
- Heat large skillet or wok and add oil. When oil is hot, add garlic and ginger and stir-fry until just aromatic.
- Add the chicken and vegetables, and stir-fry until chicken changes color.
- Push chicken and vegetables to the sides of skillet or wok, making a well in the middle.
- Add the sauce.
- Mix everything together and cook for another minute.
- Remove from heat and allow to stand for 5 minutes uncovered or until sauces thickens. Serve hot.