A special take on traditional sugar cookies!
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 large egg
3 cups all-purpose flour (or gluten-free flour, if desired)
1 cup granulated sugar
4 packets True Orange
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Orange or multi-colored sugar sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Whisk together the egg and True Orange, then add to the butter mixture. Add the sugar, and beat well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix on low speed until combined and dough forms.
- On a well floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut out shapes. Top with orange sanding sugar sprinkles and transfer to prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
- Makes about 2 1/2 dozen cookies.
To save time, you don’t have to roll out the dough. Just form into golf-ball sized rounds, and space about 1-inch apart on the cookie sheets. Recipe submitted by The Pastry Tip.