This is an easy recipe to prepare ahead of time, made with gentle spices and savory flavors that everyone will enjoy. Recipe adapted from Bon Appetit.
1 large shallot, minced
6 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 tablespoons red curry paste
2 teaspoons ground turmeric
1 teaspoon True Lime
1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes, with juice (not drained)
1 13.5-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk (full fat)
1 tablespoon honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 cups mixed vegetables (such as carrots, mushrooms, green beans, broccoli, bell peppers, sweet potatoes, and/or cauliflower), cut into 1-inch pieces
1-2 cups vegetable broth or water
Cooked brown rice or rice noodles (for serving)
Fresh cilantro, as garnish (optional)
Additional True Lime (for garnish)
Chopped red chili pepper (for garnish, optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium, and add shallots, garlic, and ginger. Sautee until just brown, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add curry paste to pan, along with turmeric and True Lime. Let mixture warm and stir until it begins to stick to the pan (about 3-minutes).
- Add the tomatoes (with juice), coconut milk, salt, and honey. Stir well to combine and cook until sauce has thickened slightly (about 8-10 minutes).
- Add vegetables along with broth or water (eye the amount of liquid to add), and bring to a simmer. Cook for another 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm with brown rice or noodles, garnish with fresh cilantro, chopped red pepper (optional), and an additional sprinkling of True Lime.
Feel free to add chicken, fish, tofu, or shrimp if desired!