July 05, 2022
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon each: ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
- 1 package (8 ounces)cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup of water with 6 packets of True Lemon mixed in the water
- Beat butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and nutmeg; mix well. Stir in oats.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups of oat mixture. Press remaining oat mixture onto bottom of greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Beat cream cheese, granulated sugar, and True Lemon water mix at medium speed with an electric mixer until well blended. Pour over oat mixture in pan. Sprinkle with reserved oat mixture.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until the lemon layer is set and bars pull away from the sides of the pan.
Submitted By Venus Harden