The holiday season is here! Although this time of year is focused on giving and celebration, the holidays can quickly get stressful. With relatives visiting, taking time off work, parties and special events to attend, it's no wonder we feel anxiety!
One thing you should not have to worry about is cooking. We have created some easy recipes that will help to reduce your holiday stress while at the same time enjoying the festive flavors of the season. These recipes only contain 1-4 steps, making your holiday meal prep as simple and as fun as possible.
Stress-Free Holiday Recipes
True Lemon Wassail Punch
Make your house smell wonderful while at the same time warm up your guests with this cheery holiday punch. The best part? This recipe only takes one simple step to make. Just heat the ingredients, and serve! Ingredients: 2 quarts apple cider 2 cups orange juice 8 True Lemon packets 12 whole cloves 4 cinnamon sticks, plus a few additional as garnish 1 pinch ground ginger 1 pinch ground nutmeg 10-12 ounces bourbon (optional) Directions:
- In a large pot over low heat, add apple cider, bourbon (optional), orange juice, True Lemon, and then the spices. Simmer, and serve hot. Garnish each drink with a cinnamon stick!
True Orange Ginger Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Make a delicious seasonal side dish in just three easy steps. This is a traditional recipe with a twist, and sure to be a new family favorite. Makes 12 servings. Ingredients: 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and diced 3/4 to 1 cup of milk 1 tablespoon True Orange Ginger Spice Blend 2 tablespoons butter, softened 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon salt 1/4 teaspoon black pepper 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts Directions:
- Add sweet potatoes to a large pot of enough boiling water. Cover and boil for about 25 minutes, until tender. Drain and place into a large bowl.
- Add milk and butter to sweet potatoes, and use a potato masher or electric mixer to combine together. Do not over-mix mash or blend until just smooth. Add remaining ingredients, and gently combine.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and top with pecans or walnuts. Serve warm.
True Lemon Pork Tenderloin
Just four steps to moist and tender pork tenderloin? Sign us up! The tart and savory True Lemon marinade makes this dish a celebration for your tastebuds. Ingredients: 2 1lb pork tenderloins, trimmed 8 packets True Lemon, dissolved in 3/4 cup water 1 tsp olive oil 2 cloves of garlic, minced 1 tsp salt 1/8 tsp pepper 2 tsp fresh thyme Directions:
- Using a fork, pierce tenderloin all over then place in deep baking dish.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over tenderloin. Let marinate in refrigerator for a minimum of 4 hours, turning at least once.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Transfer tenderloin to shallow pan and place about 2 inches apart.
- Roast for 45 minutes or 155 degrees on meat thermometer (slightly pink center). Let rest for 5 minutes, slice, and serve.
True Orange Chocolate Mousse
A holiday meal just isn't complete without a decadent dessert. Who needs to know that it only takes a few minutes to prepare? Ingredients: 3/4 cup hot milk 3 tablespoons brewed hot coffee 2 tablespoons Cointreau or other orange-flavored liqueur 2 packets True Orange 1 6-ounce package semisweet chocolate morsels (dark chocolate is best, if you can find them!) 2 eggs Fresh mint sprigs (as garnish, optional) Whipped cream (as garnish, optional), plus additional packet of True Orange Directions:
- Combine all ingredients in blender and mix until smooth.
- Place in individual dishes and chill until set (about 1 hour). Garnish with whipped cream mixed with True Orange, and a sprig of fresh mint!
Looking for more easy recipes for the holidays? Here are even more ideas of simple holiday recipes that you can make ahead of time! Here is where you can find the True Citrus products used in the recipes listed above.