This delicious dish shows that you don’t need all the fat to get that crispy-fried taste!
2 egg whites, at room temperature
2 packets True Lemon
2 teaspoons water
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Prepare pan with foil, spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk egg whites with 1 packet of True Lemon, water, and cayenne in mixing bowl.
- Pound chicken breast to about an inch thickness to quicken cooking time.
- Add chicken to mixture and turn to coat all sides.
- In a wide, shallow dish, combine bread crumbs, salt, and pepper and blend well.
- Remove chicken pieces from egg mixture and press into bread crumbs; coating all sides with crumbs.
- Place chicken on a clean platter, cover, and refrigerate for 1-hour.
- Place chicken pieces in a single layer in a prepared baking dish and bake for 15-minutes.
- Carefully turn chicken pieces and bake for an additional 10-minutes or until cooked through and golden.
- Arrange chicken on a heated serving platter. Sprinkle with remaining True Lemon.