Looking for the perfect brunch recipe that’s healthy and delicious? Look no further than this True Orange, Cinnamon, and Vanilla French Toast from our friend, chef, and registered dietitian Diane Henderiks.
- 8 slices bread (French, Italian, etc.) sliced 1-inch thick
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 packets of True Orange dissolved in 1/2 cup low-fat milk or non-dairy alternative
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Strawberries, raspberries, and other fruit for garnish (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
- Arrange bread slices in an even layer in rimmed baking dish.
- Combine eggs, True Orange mixture, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour mixture over bread, and flip bread until coated evenly.
- Place bread on a hot skillet or griddle.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, flip and repeat for the other side.
- Serve with fruit, honey, powdered sugar, or your favorite toppings.
Makes 2 per serving. Serves 4.