This Dietitian in the Kitchen recipe from Diane Henderiks, RD is spiced up with a zing of fresh ginger!
6 packets of True Lemon
6 packets of True Orange
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
1 tablespoon light soy sauce (or Tamari if making gluten-free)
3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
12 oz skinless chicken breasts; lightly pounded
1/4 cup mayonnaise, slightly more if desired
2 celery sticks, diced
1 handful of grapes (about 1 cup), sliced lengthwise
1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, diced
Lots of freshly ground black pepper.
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup dried cranberries, optional
- In small bowl combine first 5 ingredients together (True Lemon through ginger) with wire whisk.
- Pour 1/2 cup of mixture over chicken breasts, reserving 1/4 cup. Marinate for minimum 1 hour.
- Grill chicken over med-high heat until done then coarsely chop.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and 1 tablespoon of the reserved marinade liquid.
- Toss chicken with mixture adding the remaining ingredients. Add more mayonnaise if desired for a creamier consistency.
- Serve on a bed of fresh lettuce, or on fresh sliced bread.