This sandwich is an old favorite, with a bright and lemony twist! To speed up assembly, make the chicken ahead of time.
1/4 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp of dry mustard
3/4 cup of olive oil
4 packets of True Lemon
4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
5 packets of True Lemon
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoon olive oil
4 slices of Swiss or Provolone cheese
8 slices of bacon (optional)
1 large beefsteak tomato, sliced
1 red onion, sliced
1 head/stalk of Romaine lettuce, torn into large pieces
4 sesame or whole wheat buns
- For the mayo: Add all ingredients except olive oil in a blender. While blending, gradually add olive oil, and blend until smooth. Place into plastic container, cover, and refrigerate.
- For the sandwiches: Mix packets of True Lemon with pepper, flour, garlic, olive oil and water.
- Cover chicken with mixture. Make sure chicken is evenly coated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour.
- Meanwhile, prep and slice vegetables.
- In a non-stick pan, cook bacon (optional) on medium-high heat, and drain off excess oil. Set aside to drain.
- In the same pan, sear chicken at medium-high heat. Cook about 5-8 minutes each side until no longer pink in the center. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble sandwiches with chicken and vegetables, and True Lemon mayo. Enjoy!
For the best results, make lemon mayonnaise the night before and let flavors meld together in the fridge.
Submitted By Kelly Selepec.