A lemony marinade, plus an extra coating of True Lemon sauce give these wings some unforgettable zest.
For the wings:
4 dozen chicken wings (or assorted wings and drumsticks)
4 large garlic cloves, finely minced
8 tsp True Lemon (from shaker) dissolved in 1 cup of water
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp dried thyme
For the brine:
1/2 cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
3 packets of True Lemon
1 quart water
- For the brine: mix the salt, sugar, water, and True Lemon together.
- Put wings in a one gallon, resealable plastic bag along with the brine and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for about an hour and a half. Discard brine.
- Prepare grill for indirect cooking, and grill wings turning occasionally so that they brown easily.
- While the wings are grilling, prepare the lemon sauce. On a cutting board, sprinkle a little salt on the minced garlic and mash together to form a paste.
- Heat the garlic and olive oil together in a sauce pan over low heat for a couple of minutes to allow the garlic to become very aromatic.
- Mix the oil and garlic with the True Lemon juice in a glass baking pan (or bowl) and set aside.
- When wings have about 15-20 minutes left (total grilling time should be an hour to an hour and a half), remove them from grill and roll them around in the lemon sauce.
- Return wings to grill for another 10 minutes, baste with more lemon sauce.
- When the wings are done cooking, coat them one last time with the leftover lemon sauce, and serve. Garnish with a sprinkling of fresh thyme or rosemary herbs.