A moist lemon cake with a creamy strawberry frosting. Great for any special occasion! Recipe submitted by Heather Pepperdine.
1 box lemon cake mix
1/3 cup olive oil
1 1/3 cup water
4 egg whites
1 package vanilla pudding mix (instant or regular)
4 packets True Lemon (or True Raspberry Lemonade)
1 cup marshmallow creme
1 cup vanilla frosting
1 small jar strawberry jam
- Make cake batter according to box instructions using oil, water, and egg whites.
- Add vanilla pudding mix to cake batter.
- Add two packets of True Lemon to cake batter.
- Pour cake batter into cupcake tins, lined with paper liners, using a 1/4 cup scoop. Bake according to box directions.
- Allow cupcakes to cool.
- Mix marshmallow creme, vanilla frosting, strawberry jam, and remaining two packets of True Lemon.
- Frost cupcakes with frosting, and serve!