Marinated chicken tenders with a colorful rainbow rice salad. A meal that’s packed full of nutrition and flavor! Recipe submitted by LeAnn Lane.
For the marinade:
4 packets True Lemon
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
2 tablespoon dried rosemary
1 lb boneless/skinless chicken tenders, cut into chunks
For the rainbow rice salad:
3 cups brown rice, cooked
2 cups spring peas
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup diced yellow peppers
1/2 cup chopped scallions
For the dressing:
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 packet True Lemon
Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix marinade ingredients together, and place with chicken into a zip top bag.
- Shake to coat chicken, then let marinate in the refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight.
- Thread the chicken on skewers and grill until cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, combine the rice and vegetables. Mix the dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl and whisk well. Toss dressing with the rainbow salad.
- Serve salad with the chicken skewers, and enjoy!
Cook the rice and chicken ahead of time for an easy weeknight meal. This recipe also makes fantastic leftovers!