Panko breadcrumbs are big flakes rather than tiny crumbs, which makes for a crispier and crunchier chicken coating.
4 breasts (4-6 oz each) chicken breasts
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 whole egg
1 tablespoon dry butter buds
1/2 cup flour
2 teaspoon True Lemon
1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Get three medium-sized bowls. In one bowl, place egg with water and beat together. In second bowl, combine panko crumbs, butter buds, and True Lemon. In third bowl, add flour.
- Place chicken breasts in flour and coat evenly. Shake off excess flour and place in bowl with beaten egg.
- Move chicken to the bowl with the seasoned panko crumbs. Coat well then remove and place on baking sheet.
- Bake chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes. Serve with a side salad or coleslaw.