A holiday favorite, this version of these “snowballs” include True Lemon to make the flavor sparkle just a little bit more.
1/2 cup butter, softened
2/3 cup sugar
8 packets of True Lemon dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg until well blended.
- Add True Lemon water and vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; stir into creamed mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Roll dough into 1-inch balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until bottoms are lightly browned (cookies will not brown on top).
- Transfer immediately to wire racks and cool for 5 minutes, then roll in confectioners sugar.