May 19, 2022
Easy Recipes For A Backyard Barbeque
What comes to mind when you picture your perfect summer? We’re willing to bet there are plenty of outdoor activities involved. Maybe playing ball in the park, walking the dog around the neighborhood or a weekend trip to a nearby beach. It could be lounging next to a pool with a refreshing glass of True Lemonade in hand.
Memorial Day tends to jump start our summer season and Labor Day caps it off. Both of these long weekend holidays tend to give off very specific vibes – grilling season!
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy family, fun and fresh foods grilled to perfection at your backyard barbeque. Need some BBQ food ideas? Try classics like fall off the bone ribs, hot dogs, pulled pork or BBQ chicken with a homemade BBQ sauce.
Here are some of our favorite recipes to give you a jump start next time you fire up that grill.
First thing’s first. Make sure you have all the essentials! Investing in good stainless steel grilling tools will be durable and are sure to last. Here’s a quick checklist of items to get you started!
- Spatula, Tongs and Grill Fork
- Grill Glove/Mitt
- Gas or Charcoal
- Oil and heart-healthy seasonings
Find out what other essentials you should pick up here.
Best Backyard BBQ Recipes
With a tangy rub to make your grilled steaks a new family favorite!
For Steak & True Citrus Rub
· 6-10 oz. sirloin steak (or your favorite cut)
· 3 packets True Lemon or True Lime
· 1 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
· ¼ tsp dried thyme
· ¼ tsp garlic powder
· ¼ tsp sweet paprika
· ¼ tsp dark brown sugar
· 1 stick butter
· ½ tbsp True Citrus rub*
1. Prepare the rub: thoroughly mix all dry ingredients in a shaker bottle (store unused rub in an airtight container).
2. Generously coat steaks with rub and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the sauce: melt the butter and blend in ½ tbsp of True Citrus rub.
4. Grill steaks to preference, serve and enjoy!
*Note: This spice rub also goes great with pork chops, grilled chicken breasts and salmon!
This will be a hit at your next BBQ! It has a tangy and sweet, yet tart honey-lime coating for a great flavor.
· 18-20 chicken wings
· 2 packets True Lime
· 2 tbsp sherry
· ¼ cup honey
· 1 tsp minced garlic
· ¾ tsp Worcestershire sauce
· ½ tsp garlic salt
· ¼ tsp hot sauce
· ½ cup whole-wheat flour (or gluten-free flour)
· ½ tsp ground cayenne pepper
1. Split whole chicken wings into upper and lower portions, discarding tips.
2. In a gallon sized zipped bag, mix True Lime and cooking sherry; add honey, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, garlic salt and hot sauce.
3. Add wing pieces, close bag and toss. Chill in the refrigerator 6-24 hours.
4. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. In an empty gallon sized zipped bag, mix flour and ground cayenne pepper. Transfer marinated wings a few at a time to the bag and shake until well coated. Transfer to a wire rack on a baking sheet that’s well coated with nonstick spray.
6. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes, turning once halfway through.
7. Serve with a side of plain yogurt mixed with True Lime for dipping!
A buttery, lemony delight. Everyone is sure to love it!
· Approximately 36 extra-large, peeled shrimp, uncooked and skewered (about 6 per skewer)
· 2 sticks of butter
· 2 tbsp of your favorite beer (optional), or sub water
· 5 packets True Lemon
· 1 tbsp olive oil
· 1 tsp crushed rosemary
· 1 tsp crushed marjoram
1. Melt butter, then mix together with remaining ingredients.
2. Place shrimp skewers in a deep casserole dish and marinade with butter mixture in the fridge for at least one hour.
3. Remove and place shrimp skewers on a medium-hot grill.
4. As you grill shrimp, brush the leftover butter mixture on them, continuing on both sides as you flip them.
5. Grill about six minutes on each side. Shrimp are done when firm and pink.
6. Serve and enjoy!
Also check out these savory side dishes to go with your entrees!
Corn on the Cob with True Lemon Pepper Butter – Lemony, buttery and peppery – the perfect complement to your grilled meals!
True Lemon Zucchini – A summer squash grilled to perfection with a delicious smoky flavor!
More True Citrus Recipes