The Complete Guide to Delicious Keto Friendly Drinks (That AREN'T Water)!
Obesity is a significant global health hazard, contributing to adult mortality rates as high as 2.8 million per year.
From diabetes to heart disease, these chronic conditions can take over your life, which is why so many are taking a proactive stance. One diet regimen that has shown to be effective is the ketogenic diet — which was coined in the 1920s when Russel Wilder used this diet to treat epilepsy. While still recommended for this purpose, "keto" is now a full-blown buzzword in the dieting world.
Whether you are new to the keto diet or looking for ways to jazz up your everyday choices, you're not limited to plain ol' water when it comes to beverages.
The Pros (and Cons) of the Keto Diet
The basic keto "rules" are simple — consume a diet that consists of high fat, moderate protein, and very low carbohydrate intake. Here is a rough guideline.
- 75% of calories from fat, such as unprocessed nuts, avocado, butter, and oil
- 20% of calories from protein, including eggs, meat, and cheese
- 5% of calories from carbs, ranging from grains to starchy vegetables, fruits to beans
Once you make this switch, cutting carbs from your diet, your body begins to burn fatty acids — or "ketones" for energy. The pros are vast, including weight loss and a myriad of other health benefits.
The cons? Some people find it hard to sustain themselves, especially when they cannot find food and drinks that satisfy their nutritional needs and taste buds.
You may be starting to get the hang of what foods you can and can not eat, but drinks are a whole other beast. Are you bored of just water? Are you trying to eliminate diet sodas from your life — or looking for keto-friendly drinks and keto energy drinks that don't suck? Well, your life is about to get a whole lot brighter.
Drum roll, please.
Introducing True Citrus Products
The answer to your keto prayers is here — True Citrus products tick all the boxes.
True Citrus offers over 40 different Citrus Wedge Replacements, Water Enhancers, and Drink Mixes, including options for those following a strict keto diet.
We're all about:
- Making low or zero-calorie drinks with little or no sugar
- Creating convenient drinks made from real citrus
- Recipes that aren't made with artificial sweeteners or preservatives
- Natural flavors that make your taste buds sing
- Developing recipes that support a low calorie, gluten-free, non-GMO, vegan, and keto lifestyle