20 Reasons to Reach for Lemon Water Every Morning
Drink a cup of warm lemon water first thing upon waking! You'll be stunned at the incredible ways in which it will benefit your mind, body, skin, heart and overall well-being.
Here are just a few (okay, twenty) reasons why you should consider adding lemon water to your morning routine.
20 Reasons to Drink Lemon Water Each Morning
- It will flush your toxins right on out.
- The vitamin C content is a huge boost to your immune system.
- It can help reduce symptoms of the common cold.
- The potassium content will nourish your brain and nerves.
- Its pectin fiber content will help to regulate your appetite.
- It is an enormous aid in controlling weight.
- It is fantastic for your skin and overall complexion.
- It will alkalize your body helping you to maintain a high pH level, and therefore fight off diseases which cannot thrive in such an environment (such as cancer).
- It can help relieve heartburn.
- It can help relieve tooth pain and combat gingivitis.
- It will help regularize and stimulate your (ahem) bowel movements.
- It supplies you with crucial electrolytes.
- It can reduce pain in your muscles and joints.
- The citric acid content will jump start the digestive process.
- It will cleanse your liver better than any other food, prompting the liver to release toxins and produce much needed enzymes.
- It is a wonderful antioxidant.
- It can lower your blood pressure significantly.
- It can help dissolve and combat calcium deposits, which cause kidney stones and gallstones.
- The anti-inflammatory properties help relieve sore throats and/or inflamed tonsils.
- In pregnant women, it can aid in bone growth and brain cell formation in unborn babies.
Worried about keeping your fridge stocked with fresh lemons? Try adding a packet of True Lemon -- 100% delicious crystallized lemon -- to your cup for the same delicious taste and health benefits.
[Credit: Giacobbe, Alyssa "How Lemon Water Became the New Kale." Self.]
[Credit: "20 Reasons you should Drink Lemon Water in the Morning" Living Traditionally.]